Packed with flavour, this colourful beet and arugula salad is sure to please.
- 1 pkg (300 g)Lou’s Kitchen Golden Beets
- 1 tsp (5 mL) orange zest
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) orange juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL) baby arugula
- 1 apple, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) wedges
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Toss together Golden Beets, orange zest, orange juice, honey, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to oven-safe baking pan; wrap in double layer of foil and seal package tightly.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 2 minutes; open carefully with oven mitts. Reserve 1/4 cup (60 mL) cooking juice from pan.
- Toss together reserved cooking juice, Golden Beets, arugula, apple and pomegranate seeds.
- Substitute pear or avocado for apple if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per 1/4 recipe