It was a fiesta in Lou’s Kitchen when we crafted this special recipe. Mexican style seasoning and our slow roasted, ultra-tender beef are like a match made in burrito heaven.
Oh, burritos nacho thing? Well, our shredded beef will make you want to Taco Tuesday every day of the week. Whether it’s tacos, nachos or burritos we make sure you top them right. Each meal includes peppers, onions, corn and salsa toppings for you to enjoy.
Fully cooked, keep refrigerated.
- Cut off a small corner from beef pouch to vent. Microwave* on HIGH in a microwaveable dish for 2 minutes to loosen contents. Do not drain beef juices.
- Heat a pan with 2 tbsp (30mL) of cooking oil. Open beef pouch and pour contents into the pan (caution: contents may be hot). Use tongs or two forks to separate beef.
- Before adding seasoning to the pan, mix seasoning with 1/3 cup (80mL) of water. Then, combine seasoning mixture with beef and let simmer for 5 minutes or until minimum internal temperature of 160°F (71°C). Stir occasionally.
- Cut off a small corner from vegetable pouch and drain excess liquid. Heat a pan with 1 tbsp (15mL) of cooking oil. Pour vegetables into a pan and heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Option to combine vegetables with beef in the same pan).
- Spoon shredded beef in taco shell, garnish with heated vegetables.
- Serve with salsa (included).
*Substitute for microwave: place sealed pouches in pot and cover with water, bring to a rolling simmer and heat on the stovetop for 2-3 minutes.
WHY NOT TRY
We apply carefully crafted spice combinations, then place each rib by hand on cooking racks.
We stage our cooking process to keep the meat moist so it can absorb the slow smoke from natural hardwoods. This infuses the meat with an aromatic, delicate flavor and ensures fall-off-the bone tenderness.